Monday, August 18, 2008

Kissing Dating Goodbye

Part 1: The Rationale

Oo na, sige, aminado na ako, I’ve been a serial-dater. But most of what I had were just casual dates. Meet-ups lang. Friendly getting-to-know convertsation. It doesn’t always end up in bed, but some serious ones began on it. Hehehe.

Isang guy sa multiply ang nagbansag sa akin na I’m an elimidater. And for the umpteenth time, sorry uli. Hindi ko talaga sinasadya na pagsabay-sabayin i-meet ang pang 7:30, ang pang 8:00, ang pang 8:30, etc nang 10:00pm when I visited your city. Nagkataon lang talaga na naextend ang pinapagawa ng boss ko. And knowing na I had to flew back by morning, kailangan ko talagang magpokus on who I want to spend that entire night with. Hahaha. (ouch, I’m already saying sorry, no need to stomp on my tail everyone).

But times do change. At sa maniwala man kayo o hindi, may mga gabing nagpapapuyat sa akin ang Little Voice, telling me to seek personal growth, and that having a hard-on doesn’t count.

This same pesky voice had been annoying me since time immemorial. Na kesyo mas maganda daw at normal ang gumising ng 6:00am kesa magsimulang matulog. At mas productive nga naman na i-spend ang 90% computer use sa work kesa magsurf/chat sa dating sites. Na mas healthy ang ratio of 4:1 ng food vs beer kesa other way around.

At dahil kakatapos lang ng 2nd Longest Dating ko (staggering 13 months), which frustratingly ended badly, I think its about time I listen. And so, I come up with this project I will go into details on my following posts. Antagal ko na rin namang hindi gumagawa ng series.

I know this project won’t get me a Noble prize, lalo namang hindi ako magkakaron ng ginintuang hoola-hoop sa tuktuk ng ulo ko. Definitely somebody will throw irritating insults and dubious laughs. I don't care. I just think, somehow, that this quote really matters:

“Plant your own garden,
And decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting [seeking] someone
To bring you flowers”
-------------Veronica Shoffstall, After A While

Hehehe, kaya for one year, I will do just that. Mag garden ng self. Sana after, I can find that guy who I can annoy for the rest of my life with.
Wish me luck! =)

-------------
Originally posted in Kwentong Miko in Multiply and being continued here.

No comments: