Friday, July 13, 2007

The Storm and the Waves

Rain always call me outside the house, and bathing in it, I called out my friend. Wet, we went to the store and bought a bottle of Cali Shandy each. I asked my friend to come with me to the beach.

The storm made the waves much
bigger, something that we only see in other countries. It was brownish red with dirt mix in it, and totally fearsome.

My friend was freaking out when I sat on the breakwater. I let the wave clashed to me. Out balanced, I earned a few bruises, and lost one slipper. But I wanna do it again.

“Gago ka Miko, baka may lumulutang na bote dyan,” my friend cautioned me.

I smiled at him, and heed his advice. I walked in the nearby house where the waves still reach the yard. I stood at the back of the gate, held the railings, and braced myself for another
huge clash.

I looked at my friend, standing safely nearby, and I grinned, “
Try it.”

Encouraged, he stood beside me. And with me, we
screamed together for another blast.

And this time, I kept my eyes open, and look to my friend beside me. Around me was the brownish red water and bubbles abound. My friend’s eyes tightly shut, our whole body shivering, and after that wave, he looked at me, smiled, “
Thank you

I said, smiling, “Shut up, here comes another one.

--------------

I went home that day, with my white shirt hued to brownish red, with a few bruises, with one missing slipper,

but most of all, with my friend’s grateful smile permanently etched in my memory.



16 comments:

Karel Cordova said...

hmm..sweet..

Miko Legaspi said...

thanks po. =)

alphie garing said...

no, its salty...

Karel Cordova said...

sa bagay..nasa beach sila..
ngee..
ahehe..

Miko Legaspi said...

hahaha, salty
at mejo mapait.

hahaha.

alphie garing said...

sarap sana magbeach, un nga lng, high tide

Janeff Patalinjug said...

sweet! want to try it...

Miko Legaspi said...

wala akong patawad, mahilig talaga akong maligo in public, hahaha

Miko Legaspi said...

try it. feels good.

alphie garing said...

cge, i want to drown.

miko legaspi said...

hahaha, patay tayo jan.

alphie garing said...

maiba naman... hehe!

Mark Lester Cayabyab said...

ang linaw, naiimagine ko bawat kataga ng pangungusap... *_*

Miko Legaspi said...

true to life po kasi
kaya i descirbed it clearly.

thanks for noticing.

=)

Mark Lester Cayabyab said...

sarap siguro itong panoorin... short feature film version...

"From here to eternity where my missing slipper is floating" lolz!

Miko Legaspi said...

aawww, nice.

=)