Monday, October 26, 2009

To All the Boys

Hayz, I think hindi na ako kilala ng mga regular subscribers ko d2.  Nevertheless, I thank those who send me private messages encouraging me to blog more.  And contrary to what many believe, wala pa rin akong lovelife.  Hindi yon ang dahilan kung bakit ako busy.

Remember last time (no, not at bandcamp) I decided to work on the mountains?  I spent close to a year na malayo-layo sa sibilisasyon.  That’s during my Zero Dating Goal.  And sadly, that earned me to work on another project, sa dagat naman.  Since I got back from Japan last Feb, my career took off most of my time away from the web and over the sea.

Gladly, its just 2 batches of 3 months each that thankfully ended a couple of days ago.

This blog though is not about my career, but are character sketches of those cadets I trained for the past few months to whom I said farewell.  Here it goes:

Kambal sa Kieme

Parehas kayong magaling.  Academics at practical.  Pati sa boxing hirap ako sa inyo.  Pero masyado kayong low profile.  Salamat sa boxing, kahit masakit sa katawan, tumubo din yata ang muscles ko (dati parang pantal lang, ngayon manas na, hahaha).  Pero kahit parehas kaung magaling, magpakitang gilas pa rin kayo.  The old adage is sound, “out of sight, out of mind”.

Poker Face

Hindi tayo close, we both know that.  Siguro dahil awkward.  Maraming nakatingin at nakakahalata na I find you really good looking.  Hahaha.  Pasensya kung mejo iniisnab kita.  Kailangan yun.  Its my way to show fairness sa lahat ng mga kadete ko.  You got skills, and muka namang self-motivated.  Problem is you seem afraid of competition, or afraid of losing.  Don’t get it in the way of learning!  Whether it’s boxing, poker, or quiz bee.  You won’t win if you won’t try.

Stupid Monster

Hehehe, apir sa original number one member ng fans club ko.  It’s flattering na Idol mo ko.  Pero nung nalaman kong lagi mong tinitignan ang pictures nating dalawa after mag-jogging sa CCP… parang… ibang level yun.  Nagworry ako na baka mamya magsimula ka ng mag-alay ng bulaklak sa paanan ko at himas-himasin ako ng panyo.  Hahaha.  Seriously, that’s the reason why I told (and shown you) some of my bad side.  Now you know I’m just human… with strength and weaknesses just like you.  And if you find me great, you can be like that too.  Btw, anong rafe ang pinagsasabi mo?  Wahahaha.

Gullible Goblin

Hehe what can I say… sinusulat ko to ng kaharap ka.  Hehehe.  Nasabi ko na yata sau ang lahat during late night talks at tuwing mag-aaway bati tayo, hahaha.  The three months is like a hardwood for us.  It took time to alight, but burns brighter and last longer.  Thank you.  I will just remind you, wag masyadong magpaka-loner.  And YOU are what you decide to become.  Life is an endless search of self-discovery.  Wag kang matakot sa realizations, at magchange when it calls you.

Worthless Mammal

You’re the first and the only MYMAN.  Kala ko hindi mo matatagalan ang pagiging bossy, pasaway at pagiging spoiled ko.  Salamat sa pagpe-prepare ng early breakfast at midnight snack.  Sa pagpapainom ng gamut pag may sakit ako.  Sa pagremind ng everything, from sleeping schedule, drinking time-outs, financial assessment, intimate dates at kung ano-ano pang paglook-after na nagawa mo.  The three months would be unimaginably terrible without you.  At kahit hindi ko binabanggit, you know naman I appreciate it very much.  Domo Arigato Gozaimasu.

 

Sa mga hindi ko nabanggit, salamat sa mga time na nagpapatintero tau sa ulan, sa mga kalaro ko ng balikbayan, sa mga poker players (nabusog ako sa tubig), sa pusoy-dos (buti hindi permanent ang uling sa mukha), sa boxing, tennis, bowling at golf (iuuwi ko na ang wii, hehehe).  Sa mga kainuman, kakulitan, kabolahan.  Sa mga sakit sa ulo, sa mga nagregalo.

The evaluation says our sponsors are “almost satisfied”.  For me, that’s tantamount to failure.  Pero katulad nga ng sinasabi ko sa inyo, success as the world measures it is too easy.  We chose what is harder to come by.  We chose meaning in our lives.  Dahil as what our program shown, we achieve a Total and Meaningful Shipboard Experience.

I have faith in you to continue fanning the flames.  Lets raise our industry as a Whole.

6 comments:

Alexis Hernandez said...

yeye, lets raise our industry as a whole ( masyado na atang gasgas, hahha)
MEANING. MEANING. Thats what actually matters and life is all about.


Gudluck sir.

Miko Legaspi said...

constant reminder lang,
para walang makalimot.
hahaha

'BillyBoi' ' said...

miko miko miko laber boi... glad ur back

Miko Legaspi said...

hahaha,
hope to blog more.
n_n
thanks sa welcome.

kerby alzate said...

sa wakas nabasa ko rin...

Miko Legaspi said...

hahaha, tagal na nito.